The State of Maryland Department of Health (MDH) contracts with the Center for Study of Services (CSS), a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)-certified survey vendor, to administer and report the results of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) 5.0H Adult Medicaid Survey. The purpose of the survey is to assess members’ experience with MedStar Family Choice.
MedStar Family Choice reviews the survey results annually. Based on MedStar Family Choice's results, the Quality Improvement Department recommends the following interventions to improve member experience.
Proposed Interventions for 2020
- Continued improvement is planned for early 2020 on the functionality of MedStar Family Choice website and ‘Find a Provider’ site.
- MedStar Family Choice added survey to the “Find a Provider” site to gather feedback from members. Feedback is reviewed on a quarterly basis and continual improvements are made.
- MedStar Family Choice will continue to meet with Medstar Medical Groups and other Providers to address barriers and facilitate sharing of information and improve access to care.
- MedStar Family Choice will move forward in contracting with CSS to perform monthly member satisfaction surveys within designated regions. This will allow MedStar Family Choice to collect data, identify issues and develop targeted interventions based on population needs.
- MedStar Family Choice will work internally to better coordinate projects related to CAHPS®. Combining efforts across multiple departments and sharing information will result in improved efficiency and better developed interventions.
- Provider relations will continue to recruit specialty physicians on an ongoing basis.
- MedStar Family Choice will conduct audits of staff performance on calls to ensure quality and accuracy of customer service being provided to members.
If you would like a copy of the State of Maryland's 2019 HealthChoice Satisfaction Survey, please visit MMCP.Health.Maryland.gov/Healthchoice/Documents/2019_State_of_Maryland_Executive_Summary_Report.pdf