Part of the Maryland HealthChoice Program and the Maryland Children’s Health Program
It’s time to make a choice about your healthcare.
At MedStar Family Choice, we know how important your family’s health is to you. That’s why we work so hard to make sure that you and your family get the kind of care you want and deserve.
Your Personal Doctor
Your personal doctor, also called a primary care physician, will work with you to manage all of your healthcare needs. When needed, your personal doctor can also refer you to one of our 3200 specialists. In fact, with so many doctors to choose from, MedStar Family Choice makes it easy for you to find a doctor that will meet your needs. Whether you want a doctor with training in adult, family or pediatric care, MedStar Family Choice can help you pick a doctor that is right for you. Chances are that your current doctor is already part of us.
Medical Benefits to Help Keep you Healthy, at No Cost to You
- Routine doctor visits and annual exams
- Well-baby and well-child care
- Immunizations for your children
- Emergency and Urgent Care
- Care throughout your pregnancy
- Breast cancer screening including mammograms
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Doctor prescription and some over-the-counter medications
- Vision care for members under 21
Additional Health Benefits from MedStar Family Choice
- Adult vision care: annual exams and one pair of glasses per year
- Health education classes and support groups on a range of important healthcare topics
- Transportation services to your doctor when it is medically necessary and you have no other way of getting there
- Adult Dental: general dentistry provided to members 21 years of age and over. You will be eligible for an exam and cleaning every six months, as well as x-rays and fillings. Dental services are provided by Scion Dental.
If you are interested in enrolling in MedStar Family Choice, please visit www.marylandhealthconnection.gov or call the HealthChoice Enrollment Line at 855-642-8572.