How to Join MedStar Family Choice
MedStar Family Choice is a member of the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), and providers interested in joining the MedStar Family Choice network should complete/send the form below or contact a Provider Relations representative at
800-905-1722, option 5.
Please be sure to authorize MedStar Family Choice as a health plan member which will allow us to access your credentialing information through CAQH.
Providers must hold a current, valid, unrestricted license to practice in all states where the provider provides care to MFC members, and providers must also have an active Maryland Medicaid Fee-for-Service ID number. In addition, Specialists must have current, unrestricted privileges at one of the following MedStar Family Choice participating hospitals:
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- CalvertHealth Medical Center
- Carroll Hospital
- Doctor's Community Hospital
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital
- Sinai Hospital (For Pediatric Care under age 21)
Providers who apply to MedStar Family Choice have the right, upon request, to review their credentialing application, correct inaccurate information and obtain the status of their application during the credentialing process. Requests can be made by calling 1-800-905-1722 option 5 or fax to 1-855-600-3077. The credentialing process will be completed within 120 days from the date MedStar Family Choice notifies the Provider of MedStar Family Choice's intent to process the application.
Providers must be recredentialed at least every three (3) years.