The State of Maryland Department of Health (MDH) contracts with the Center for Study of Services (CSS), a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)-certified survey vendor. The purpose of the survey is to assess provider’s experience with MedStar Family Choice.
MedStar Family Choice reviews the survey results annually. Based on MedStar Family Choice's results, the Quality Improvement Department recommends the following interventions to improve provider experience.
Interventions for 2021 Based on Provider Survey Results
- Provider Relations will schedule webinars for the MedStar Medical groups and all other participating providers regarding MFC operations, so that the providers are aware of our processes.
- Provider Relations, Community Relations, Case Management, Outreach and Quality Improvement Department will continue to attend quarterly provider meetings to build a better relationship with our Providers, share quality data and address any issues offices may be having in real time.
- Continue to audit calls to deliver world class customer service to all provider calls.
- Provider Relations/Customer Service will work with the MFC staff to improve the responsiveness and courtesy of Provider Relations staff, Claims and Appeals staff, and the Customer Service staff.
- All departments will continue to work on improving the quality of written communications, policy bulletins, and manuals that are distributed to the provider offices.