The State of Maryland Department of Health (MDH) contracts with the Center for Study of Services (CSS), a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)-certified survey vendor, to administer and report the results of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) 5.0H Adult Medicaid Survey. The purpose of the survey is to assess members’ experience with MedStar Family Choice.
MedStar Family Choice reviews the survey results annually. Based on MedStar Family Choice's results, the Quality Improvement Department recommends the following interventions to improve member experience.
Proposed Interventions for 2021
- MedStar Family Choice will continue to meet with MMG and other provider groups to address barriers and share CAHPS results to improve access to care
- MedStar Family Choice will conduct additional member surveys to identify opportunities for improvement or potential trends in member satisfaction between CAHPS surveys
- MedStar Family Choice established a partnership with Harbor mobile unit to provide services such as physical exams, immunizations, diabetic testing, and lead tests
- The Outreach and Provider Relations Department will continue to communicate and address any access issue
- Call calibration meetings will continue to be implemented throughout the calendar year to ensure quality of customer service provided
- MedStar Family Choice will continue to hold Consumer Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to gather member feedback on the health plan