The State of Maryland Department of Health (MDH) contracts with the Center for Study of Services (CSS), a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)-certified survey vendor. The purpose of the survey is to assess provider’s experience with MedStar Family Choice.
MedStar Family Choice reviews the survey results annually. Based on MedStar Family Choice's results, the Quality Improvement Department recommends the following interventions to improve provider experience.
Interventions for 2020 Based on Provider Survey Results
- Provider portal will be enhanced to allow for providers to update demographic information in real time.
- Update claims business rules to streamline processing so that claims payment is not based on location.
- Will investigate on having the capability to submit online authorization request.
- Provider Relations will continue to perform site visits and educate providers and staff regarding authorization process for claims and medications.
- Educate providers about our Pharmacy & Therapeutics protocols available on the MFC web-site that will allow offices to efficiently obtain information necessary for many prior authorizations.
- Provider Relations, Community Relations, Case Management, Outreach and Quality Improvement will attend quarterly MedStar Medical Group POD meetings to build a better relationship with our Providers, share quality data and address any issues offices may be having in real time.
- Continue to audit calls to deliver world class customer service to all provider calls.
- Provider Relations/Customer Service will work with the MFC staff to improve the responsiveness and courtesy of Provider Relations staff, Claims and Appeals staff, and the Customer Service staff.
- Provider Relations will schedule webinars for MedStar Medical Groups and all other participating providers regarding MFC operations, so that the providers are aware of our processes. They will update and educate the providers regarding claims and use of the MFC formulary and the process of obtaining formulary updates.
- All departments will continue to work on improving the quality of written communications, policy bulletins, and manuals that are distributed to the provider offices.
If you would like a copy of the State of Maryland's 2019 HealthChoice Satisfaction Survey, please visit MMCP.Health.Maryland.gov/Healthchoice/Documents/2019_State_of_Maryland_Executive_Summary_Report.pdf