Check "feel better" off your list with MedStar eVisit
See a Doctor Online 24/7 at No Cost to MedStar Family Choice Members!
What is MedStar eVisit?
- MedStar eVisit gives you 24/7 video access to board-certified medical doctors. Making it easy to get the care you need, anywhere, anytime!
- You can connect with a medical doctor via secured video from your tablet, smart phone, or computer for non-urgent medical conditions.
How does it work?
- Download the MedStar eVisit app for your iOS (iPhone) or Android device. (Click on the hyperlinked text for your smartphone.)
- If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can also visit MedStarHealth.org/eVisit from your desktop.
- Sign up by creating an account - it takes only a minute.
- Select from the list of board-certified health care providers (doctors) who are available for consultation.
- Connect with a doctor within minutes via secure video at home or on the go.
- Your doctor will consult with you, diagnose, send a prescription, or help you with a referral as appropriate.
What type of conditions can MedStar eVisit treat?
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Seasonal allergies
- Sore throat
- Pink eye
- Rash or hives
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Headaches or migraines Constipation
- Dry skin
- Sinus infection
- Joint or back pain
- Minor cuts or burns
- Known urinary tract infections
- Known yeast infection
- Tick borne illness (Lyme)
When should I not use MedStar eVisit?
- You should not use MedStar eVisit if you are experiencing severe flu symptoms and require an in-person evaluation.
- These symptoms include difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or discomfort, dizziness, confusion, severe or persistent vomiting, and/or flu-like symptoms that improve then worsen again.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
How much does MedStar eVisit cost?
MedStar eVisit is available at no cost for all MedStar Family Choice members!