We will never charge members for any healthcare services provided by MedStar Family Choice. There are currently no co-pays for services. However, select services could require a certain age or condition. You may only be charged a co-pay for services or drugs provided by the Maryland Department of Health. Co-pays are only charged for services outside of MedStar Family Choice’s responsibility. You will be notified of any changes before they take effect.
Your MedStar Family Choice membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- Benefit Summary Grid (Spanish version)
- Advanced Directive (Spanish version)
- Transportation Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Behavioral Health Benefits (Mental Health/Substance Abuse)
- Pharmacy Benefits
- Mail Order Pharmacy
- Wellness Incentives
- SafeLink Wireless (Smartphone/minutes at no cost to you!)
- MedStar eVisit (24/7 access to doctors online at no cost to you!)
- Nurse Advice Line
Other information about benefits:
- Provider Directory:
- How to Renew Your Benefits
- Member Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits Contact Information
- Out of Network Services
- MedStar Family Choice Appointment Standards
- Urgent Care Locations
Click here for a listing of services that require a referral or approval from MedStar Family Choice before getting the service.
Once completed and signed, this form authorizes the release of your medical records and use of your protected health information to a new doctor or another provider.
The Member Web Portal allows members to change their doctor (primary care provider), check claims status, request a new or replacement ID card, change personal information, and more.
The MedStar Family Choice team also consists of nurses and social workers ready to help you coordinate your care. Learn more on the Case Management, Utilization Management, and Outreach webpage.