MedStar Family Choice-DC offers a wide variety of prescription medications on its formulary. MedStar Family Choice-DC also pays for many over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
- MedStar Family Choice-DC Formulary
- Recent Formulary Updates - a comprehensive list of formulary changes made at each quarterly Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee meeting.
- Formulary Quick Reference
- Covered OTC Medication List
- Prior Authorization Table - a comprehensive listing of all medications requiring prior authorization with criteria necessary for approval.
- Step Therapy Table - a comprehensive listing of all medications requiring step therapy.
- Hepatitis C Medication Prior Authorization Information
- HIV Medications and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Makena (17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate, also known as 17P)
- Synagis Prior Authorization Information
- Opioid Prior Authorization Requirements
For those medications that require prior authorization or for non-formulary medication requests, please submit a request (see link below for the form) to MedStar Family Choice-DC. Requests must include clinical documentation that supports the medical need for the specific medication. Physicians may call MedStar Family Choice at 855-798-4244, of fax requests to 202-243-6258.
- Prior Authorization/Non-Formulary Medication Request Form
- 90-DAY Prescriptions - Retail AND Mail Order
For the most up-to-date pharmaceutical recall information, please visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website at https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugRecalls/default.htm.
For additional information, please see the Provider Frequently Asked Questions.