General dentistry including regular and emergency treatment is provided by MedStar Family Choice-DC. To find a dentist in your area, please call 844-391-6678 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A summary of covered benefits for enrollees under age 21 include:
- General dentistry (including regular and emergency treatment) and orthodontic care for special problems.
- Check-Ups twice a year with a dentist are covered for children ages 3 through 20.
- A child's PCP can perform dental screenings for a child up to age 3.
- Does not include routine orthodontic care.
- Fluoride varnish
Covered benefits for enrollees 21 and older include:
- General dental exams and routine cleanings every six (6) months
- Surgical services and extractions;
- Emergency Dental care;
- X-rays (full series limited to once (1) every three (3) years)
- Full mouth debridement;
- Prophylaxis limited to two times (2) per year;
- Bitewing series;
- Palliative treatment;
- Sealant application;
- Removable partial and full dentures;
- Root canal treatment limited to two molars per year;
- Periodontal scaling and root planning;
- Removal of impacted teeth;
- Initial placement or replacement of a removable prosthesis (any dental device or appliance replacing one or more missing teeth, including associated structures, if required, that is designed to be removed and reinserted), once every five (5) years – some limitations apply
- Removable partial prosthesis
- Any dental service that requires inpatient hospitalization must be prior authorized
- Elective surgical procedures requiring general anesthesia