The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is a lifestyle change program where a trained lifestyle coach will lead a small group of adults to discuss behavior changes that can improve the health of participants. The program consists of 25 one-hour sessions delivered over the course of a year. During the program, you will learn, laugh, share stories, try new things, and build new habits—all while lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes and improving your health.
MedStar Family Choice is participating in a demonstration with the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) to allow 100 eligible members to take this program for free. This program is given at no cost to you.
How do you know if you are eligible?
- If you have NOT been diagnosed with diabetes
- If you have MedStar Family Choice through Maryland Medicaid
- If you are 18 years old, or older
- If you have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 24 or more
- If you have had gestational diabetes (diabetes while pregnant) OR if you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes
(Please note, if you have already been diagnosed with diabetes, then you are not eligible to participate in this program).
MedStar Family Choice will be offering the DPP both online and in-person.
How do you sign up?
If you would like to participate in this demonstration, click the button below to fill out the informed consent, then someone will contact you within three business days to get you registered.
If you have any questions, please call 410-933-3067.